Jumping in your RV and leaving the rat race for the weekend is an American tradition. Did you know you can provide power to your RV with the sun while getting away from it all?
The Sun is Everywhere!
One of the biggest misconceptions regarding solar power is that it is limited to large panel systems on roofs. Au contraire! With new nanotechnology, solar power systems will soon be applied with the paint you use to improve your home. That’s still two or three years away, so what about now?
If you enjoy taking the RV out for an excursion, you can use solar power to provide your electrical needs. Whether you are going camping or to a NASCAR race, it is an exceedingly simple process.
Unlike homes, RVs run on direct current electricity. This makes them perfect for solar electricity since solar systems produce direct current electricity instead of alternating current. Put another way, there is no need for bulky converters to flip the electricity from direct to alternating. Instead, you can use the sun to power up your batteries directly.
Portable solar systems consist of pop-up solar modules with four or five panels. Essentially, they look like small ladders with solar panels instead of steps. You just pop them up on the roof of the RV or in an area where the sun hits them. The systems tie directly into your batteries and power them up during the day. Super easy and super clean.
The real advantage to solar RV systems has to do with noise. The traditional method for recharging your RV batteries is to turn on a generator and generators can be very loud. Even the quietest generator makes enough noise to make you feel like you live next to a construction site. Solar systems make no noise at all. There are no moving parts, just the sun beating down on the panels. You’ll never know they are even there.
If RVing is your thing, portable solar modules are worth taking a look at. With high fuel prices, you need to save a buck wherever you can.
Renogy 100 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit
$179.99 in stock
7 used from $151.03
- Includes 100W Solar Panel + 30A PWM Negative ground Charge Controller + Solar Panel Connectors +8Ft 10AWG Tray Cable+ Mounting Z Brackets for RV, Boat
- Monocrystalline solar cell efficiency: 21%；The Charge controller has been upgraded to Renogy new 30A PWM negative ground charge controller The Renogy wanderer
- With the Renogy wanderer 30A PWM charge Controller, you can expand your system up to a maximum of 400W
- Ideal output: 500Wh per day; can fully charge a 50Ah Battery from 50% in 3 hours (depending on the availability of sunlight)
- Negative Grounding controller with battery reversed, overloading, short-circuit and over charging/discharging protection ensures the broader off grid applications and safety. Especially can be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis. Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 5. 38A
Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Off Grid Portable Foldable 2Pcs 50W Solar Panel Suitcase Built-in Kickstand with Waterproof 20A Charger Controller
$219.99 in stock
3 used from $206.62
- Adjustable, Corrosion-Resistant aluminum stand as well as a heavy duty handle and latches for longevity. Folded size: 19. 9 x 27. 2 x 2. 8 inches. Ideal output: 500 Watt hours per day (depends on sunlight availability)
- Compatible with gel, sealed, Lithium, and flooded batteries. Charge controller with LCD display for displaying operating Information and data
- 20A built-in 5-stage Solar charge controller provides overcharge protection, reducing Fire risk.Operating Temperature: -40°F to +185°F
- Negative-ground charge controller for compatibility with your RV, boat, trailer, etc.
- The low-voltage system avoids electric shock hazards
Renogy 200 Watts 12 Volts Monocrystalline Solar RV Kit Off-Grid Kit with Adventurer 30A PWM LCD Charge Controller+ Mounting Brackets+ Male and Female Connectors+Solar Cables+Cable Entry housing
$418.49 in stock
- Designed for off-grid solar panel system, Caravan, RV, boat, Green house Solar panel system. Mono-crystalline Solar Cell efficiency: 21%
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for extended outdoor use, allowing the panels to last for decades as well as withstand high winds (2400PA) and snow loads (5400PA)
- This kit includes our adventurer 30A PWM flush mount charge controller can charge the Battery quickly and safely under almost any condition
- Order will be delivered in multiple packages; bypass diodes minimize power drop caused by shade and ensure excellent performance in low-light environments. Short-Circuit Current (Isc)-6.24A
- Complete kit includes: (1)2 pc Renogy 100 watt 12 volt Mono-crystalline Solar panel (2) adventurer Li 30A PWM flush mount charge controller (3)one 30Ft 10AWG MC4 adaptor kit (4)one 16Ft 10AWG tray cable (5)one pair of branch connectors (6) a bt-1 Bluetooth module (7)one Renogy cable entry housing
Topsolar Solar Panel Kit 100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Off Grid System for Homes RV Boat + 20A 12V/24V Solar Charge Controller + 16ft Solar Cables + Z-Brackets for Mounting
- TP-solar 100W solar panel kits ideal for 12v battery charging, designed for RVs, cabins, homes, boats, caravan s, back-up and remote power use.
- This kits include 4pcs Z mounting brackets and 1 pair 16ft Red and Black Solar Cable makes it easy to set up. Easy to install with pre-drilled holes on the back of panel for fast mounting and securing.
- With the 20A charge controller with PWM function, it can prevent the battery from over charge, over voltage, discharge and short circuit, reversed polarity protection, battery is fully protected. You can expand your system up to a maximum of 400W 12V system or 800W 24V system.
- Dimensions: 1160*510*35mm (45.6*20*1.37 inch). Weight: 15.84 lbs. Voltage at Pmax (Vmp):23V. Current at Pmax (Imp): 4.3A.
- Withstand high winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa), strong tempered glass and aluminum frame for extended outdoor use, allowing the solar panel to last for decades.
DOKIO Foldable Solar Panel 100 Watt Monocrystalline Solar Suitcase Portable with Controller to Charge 12V Batteries (All Types: Vented AGM Gel) Caravan RV Boat Camper
- Easy Operation: open up the folding solar panel, battery clips allows for simple connection to the battery.With handle, convenient to carry.
- With high efficiency monocrystalline solar cell,Pre-installed controller and Pre-wired for 12V battery charging.
- Waterproof powerful solar panel,corrosion-resistant aluminum stand as well as a heavy duty handle and latches for longevity
- Ideal for RV,hiking, camping, and military use, off-grid solar panel system, caravan, RV, boat, Green house solar panel system, solar pump watering system etc.
- Amazon LOCAL warehouse delivery,Perfect after-sales service, any problems can be contacted at any time, quick and friendly solution.
Zamp Solar Legacy Series 180-Watt Portable Solar Panel Kit with Integrated Charge Controller and Carrying Case. Off-Grid Solar Power for RV Battery Charging - USP1003
1 used from $713.86
- Handcrafted in the USA; 25-year output warranty; Best-in-class solar cells; Easiest start to solar
- No installation required; Includes everything you need; Charges most 12-volt batteries, even lithium
- Compatible with Zamp Solar Ready RV ports; Comes with both SAE plug and alligator clips to connect
- Integrated 15-amp digital charge controller protects your battery and lets you monitor your power
- Kit includes: 180-watt foldable panel, 15-amp charge controller, nylon carrying case, 15-foot cable